Today Mozilla announced the launch or the first released candidate of their long awaited Thunderbird 3. The list of changelog since the late release, beta 4, is very extensive and includes a lot of important fixes and improvements. On the core-level, Thunderbird 3 RC1 now uses Gecko 126.96.36.199.
Back in September I wrote a very positive review of Thunderbird 3 Beta 4. I was personally very impressed with Beta 4, and I’m sure RC1 won’t be a disappointment. Let the countdown to Thunderbird 3 stable begin.
Here are a few of the most important fixes/changes:
- Fixed: 408480 – data loss using extensions (notably lightning): Ctrl+C (and other keys) in standalone message window deletes mail, missing or empty menus
- Fixed: 420744 – Shutdown fails with 100% cpu load when auto-complete over LDAP is used
- Fixed: 518128 – hang on saved search, group by sort, views that does not mach any msg
- Fixed: 524266 – TB3.0b4: Expanding threaded messages causes crash
- Fixed: 527324 – [account autoconfig]When I create a new account tb stay in “checking password…” indefinitely
- Fixed: 528690 – Shouldn’t be possible to move message to virtual folder
The full changelog is available here.